Learn how to cook a perfect sabudana khichdi recipe quickly. If you are not at home, find the ways to cook ready to eat food while travelling.
As consumption of whole grains is barred during the fasting season, Sabudana comes to the rescue and is also a most preferred during the fasting season. Sabudana is a form of tapioca, also known as cassava root, commonly found in the subcontinent.
The pivotal reason for choosing sabudana khichdi during fasting is that it loads you with instant energy. People of all ages can have sabudana as it does not cause any allergy. It helps to prevent digestion issues and gives relief from gas, bloating and constipation. These qualities make Sabudana khichdi a preferred dish.
Sabudana Khichdi Recipe
- cup sabudana
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 medium potato
- 2 tablespoon raw peanuts
- 1-2 green chillies
- 6-7 curry leaves
- ½ tablespoon salt
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
Lets now hover through the preparation of Sabudana Khichdi recipe
- Our first step is to get rid of the starch. Rinse sabudana in water until the water turns clear
- Transfer the rinsed sabudana to another bowl and add one cup of water to it
- In few hours sabudana wouls have soaked well with water, drain it using a colander to separate the excess water
- Heat oil in a pan, add few cumin seeds and let them sizzle for few seconds
- Dice the potatoes into small pieces, add it to the pan and cook them for 3-4 minutes
- Add raw peanuts seeds, greens, curry leaves and cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add the drained sabudana to the pan along with salt and sugar
- Mix well until the ingredients combine well
- Cook well for a few minutes until sabudana reaches a golden texture. Avoid cooking for a long time else it will stick.
- Add lemon juice and cilantro
- The recipe is ready, serve it hot with chilled yogurt
Ready to eat Sabudana Khichdi Desimealz Style
This healthy ready to eat sabudana khichdi comes in an authentic package from Desimealz. Never deviated from tradition and health, Desimealz offers a ready to eat fasting time food,sabudana khichdi. Rich in proteins and nutrients one can have this meal while travelling.
How to Cook
Forget about all the chopping and frying, here we have the Desimealz instant ready to eat Sabudana Khichdi with easy cooking. Empty the desimealz container in a oven permissible glass bowl. Stir it well and place in the microwave on high for 3-4 minutes. Now mix it well and enjoy the hot and tasty Desimealz Sabudana Khichdi
Hot water method
This is a method to show that Desimealz is traveler friendly. Its obvious for a traveler to have a kettle. Just add 150ml of lukewarm water to the container with Desimealz Sabudana khichdi. Cover the container and leave it aside for 5-6 minutes. Now mix everything and have your yummy sabudana khichdi.
Sabudana khichdi is an easy to make healthy recipe with necessary proteins, carbohydrate and sugar that is required for our body during the fasting period. Desimealz has taken more concern in adding all the necessary nutrition to this meal which will match traditionally.
To get this instant Desimealz Sabudana Khichdi,follow the link
Tips for making perfect non-sticky sabudana khichdi
1. Rinsing : Sabudana comprises starch and it is important to remove it. Rinse sabudana until the water turns clear. Water turning clear means, that starch has been wiped off.
2. Soaking : Before soaking sabudana make sure you press out all the water used while rinsing. Add just one cup of water to one cup of sabudana. Too much water may change the consistency of sabudana.
3. Draining : Drain the sabudana using a colander. To check if sabudana is ready to cook, press a pearl between your thumb and index finger. It should smash easily.
4. Cooking: Cook the recipe in mild flame and make sure you don’t overcook.
These simple preparation steps and the nutritional value makes Sabudana khichdi the most preferred meal during fasting. Desimealz brings to you the same, with unaltered value of nutrition and taste.